On this page
What is a bridging course for overseas-trained professionals?
A bridging course is one that will enable you to meet specific academic or professional requirements for entry to a listed professional occupation in Australia. If you are undertaking a bridging course as an overseas-trained professional then you may access a FEE‑HELP loan if you meet the eligibility criteria.
For FEE‑ HELP purposes, your course is not a bridging course for overseas-trained professionals if it:
- provides a qualification beyond basic entry level to your profession;
- leads to a higher education award, such as a postgraduate degree;
- provides training for an occupation that is not a listed occupation;
- is a general English language training course; or
- exceeds one year of full-time study (or the part-time equivalent)
Am I eligible for FEE-HELP for my bridging course?
In addition to the above criteria, students must also hold an 'assessment statement' issued by an assessing body for overseas-trained professionals.
List of occupations and the assessing bodies for bridging study.pdf
Tuition fees for bridging courses for an overseas-trained professional are set by individual higher education providers. As an overseas-trained professional you may be eligible for a FEE‑HELP loan to help you pay your tuition fees if:
- you are enrolled in a bridging course for overseas-trained professionals course with an eligible provider;
- your course meets the FEE‑HELP eligibility criteria for bridging courses;
- you are an Australian citizen or you have a permanent visa; and
- you will reside in Australia for the duration of your course.