My Tertiary Study Options
Important notice - Higher Education reforms announcement
The Australian Government has announced a range of reforms to improve the higher education sector. These reforms will deliver a more sustainable sector, more choices for students and increase transparency and accountability in higher education.
For more information about how these changes might affect you, click here.
For more detail about the reform measures, visit the Department of Education and Training Higher Education Reforms webpage (opens in a new tab).
Before you decide where to study and apply for a course, you will need to make some important decisions. This section has been designed to educate you about your options, so you can make an informed decision before you enrol.
For example, you need to think about:
- how you will find the transition to tertiary study;
- how you can be a savvy student;
- what courses and qualifications you maybe interested in (e.g. a diploma or an undergraduate degree) and if it is approved for a HELP loan;
- which institutions offer Commonwealth assistance;
- what financial assistance you may be eligible for;
- what VET students can expect from RTOs; and
- what your career options are.