Other helpful links

Visa Information

Students can use the Find Visa (opens in a new window) search tool on the Department of Immigration website to help them identify what type of visa they hold. Students will then be able to determine if they are eligibility for a Commonwealth supported place and a HELP loan.

For further information or enquiries regarding visas or migration, please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (opens in a new window).

Return to top

Useful Contacts

Australian Education International (AEI) (opens in a new window) is the international arm of the Department of Education. AEI’s vision is for Australia to be recognised as a regional and world leader in education and training excellence and a partner of choice for international collaboration.

The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) (opens in a new window) is the Federal Government’s main revenue collection agency. The ATO’s aim is to manage and shape the revenue systems that sustain social and economic policy and fund services for Australians. The ATO deals with all payment matters relating to HELP loans.

The Council of Australian Postgraduate Associations (CAPA)’s (opens in a new window) main role is to represent the interests and concerns of postgraduate students to the Federal Government, Federal Opposition and minor parties, and higher education peak bodies such as the Australian Vice-Chancellors’ Committee and the Australian Research Council.

The Department of Education (opens in a new window) aims to create a better future for all Australians through learning, science and innovation. The Department of Education administers the HELP schemes.

The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) (opens in a new window) deals with all visa and migration issues.

The Hobsons Course Finder (opens in a new window) – from the publishers of the Good Universities Guide is the only comprehensive and independent information source about tertiary education pathways, including postgraduate courses like the MBA, and career options in Australia.

myfuture (opens in a new window) is Australia’s career information and exploration service.

My Skills (opens in a new window) connects students and employers with training organisations that best suit their needs.

myUniAssist (opens in a new window) is a tool to track how much Commonwealth assistance you have used.

My University (opens in a new window) provides a wide variety of specific information about universities and higher education courses.

Study in Australia (opens in a new window) is an excellent source for advice on studying in Australia. You can find information about courses, institutions, study and living costs, the application process and visa requirements.

The Study Overseas (opens in a new window) website is a web portal which provides students with helpful information about learning opportunities overseas.

Youth.gov.au (opens in a new window) The central hub for information on services and programs for young people.

Return to top