VET FEE-HELP Reforms
The Australian Government has made, and will continue to make important reforms to the VET FEE‑HELP scheme to improve the quality and effectiveness of the scheme and to better protect students taking out a VET FEE‑HELP loan.
Please refer to our Important changes to students accessing VET FEE-HELP factsheet for a clear overview of the Government's changes.
The new measures will:
- Stop providers from offering incentives to students, like cash and laptops, to get them to sign up to courses that they don’t need
- Stop marketing agents and brokers ‘freelancing’ to sign up as many students as possible, without being covered by any regulator
- Give students more information that helps them understand that VET FEE-HELP loans are real debts that impact their credit rating and have to be repaid
- Make it impossible for providers to levy all fees in a single transaction, giving students more opportunity to consider their options before VET FEE-HELP debts can be incurred
- Protect vulnerable students by requiring providers to properly assess students before enrolment
Further information is available on the VET FEE-HELP Reforms at www.education.gov.au/vet-fee-help-reforms (opens in a new window)