MyUni Assist

What is myUniAssist?

myUniAssist is a database that will help you keep track of how much Commonwealth assistance you have used (i.e. how much you have borrowed under the HELP scheme). It is important to note that myUniAssist does not provide your current HELP balance, does not include debts incurred pre-2005 (including under the former HECS, OLDPS, PELS and BOTPLS schemes), nor will it show any HELP repayments you have made.

There is a time lag between the census date and when your information on myUniAssist gets updated, so to work out your current balance you may need to add any units you have recently enrolled/are currently enrolled in to the total shown on myUniAssist.

The ‘FEE-HELP assisted units’ tab on MyUniAssist includes FEE-HELP, VET FEE-HELP and VET Student Loan amounts. For VET Student Loans or VET FEE-HELP information, the exact amount of your HELP debt will not be accurate until after late 2017. You should also check the FEE-HELP summary information in this tab and on the MyUniAssist home page regularly as a retrospective validation process is applied to the VET Student Loans data reported by education providers. This means that this data could be revised up to six to eight weeks after it has been reported, as debts are transferred to the ATO.

Alternatively, you can view your HELP debt online via the myGov website. To access this online service, please refer to the instructions on the ATO website (opens in a new window) or you can call the ATO on 13 28 61. You will have to advise the ATO of your tax file number (TFN) before they will disclose any personal information to you.

How do I access myUniAssist?

To log in to myUniAssist (opens in new window), select the attached link.

You will need your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN) to log in and check your record and balances. You are allocated a CHESSN when you first become a Commonwealth supported student. For further information on your CHESSN, please see What is a CHESSN?

Return to top