Search for approved courses

Once you've decided on your field of study, you will be able to narrow down your list of courses and providers. The level and type of Commonwealth assistance you can get when you study a particular course might be an important consideration for you. To access Commonwealth assistance (either a Commonwealth supported place or a HELP loan to pay for your study) you need to study an eligible course at an eligible provider or university. Please see the Providers that offer Commonwealth assistance page for further information.

Higher education courses (generally Bachelor degree and above)

If you are interested in comparing study areas and higher education institutions, the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website (opens in a new window) helps students and their families make informed choices about their higher education options, by bringing together survey data from all Australian universities about students’ experiences and graduate job outcomes.

You can also use the course search provided by the tertiary admissions centre (TAC), in your state or territory, to search for higher education courses. More information about TACs can be found on the enrolling in a course page.

VET Student Loans approved courses and approved course providers

A list of the courses approved for VET Student Loans is available in the VET Student Loans (Courses and Loan Caps) Determination 2016, available at (opens in new window).

Students wishing to access VET Student Loans can refer to the VET Student Loans provider list available at (opens in new window).

Information regarding VET FEE-HELP loans

The VET FEE-HELP scheme closed for new students from 31 December 2016. For continuting students who wish to access VET FEE-HELP, there are transitional arrangements in place. Refer to (opens in new window).